Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Neat Acquisitions

As I said in my last post, I have gotten quite a few vintage models for my collection. So this will be a photo dominated post with some words about each one.

First up is my Classic Arabian Family, who came with their original photo box. They are in nice condition, and the stallion and foal have some neat variations. The stallion's star is crooked, while the foal has some over spray on one eye and half of a hoof unpainted. I was pretty stoked about those quirks, don't ask me why.







I also got the Classic Andalusian Family with their photo box too, which has a few water stains and the handle disintegrated in my hands (I did not expect that one!). Despite the box flaws the family was in lovely condition, and to my knowledge has no obvious variations. It's really nice having and seeing older models in their original release colors and with any ephemera.




 The two boxed families came from the same seller, who sent me a message making sure if I was fine with them putting in an extra model they couldn't sell. I agreed, and was curious. Will it be a loose classic, an uncommon Stablemate, or maybe a body quality model? To my pleasure it was the bald face black Stretch Morgan. I have a soft spot for not only Arabians, but Morgans, so he was a beautiful bonus. I understand the reason they couldn't sell him, there are a bunch of him and his more common masked star counterpart on eBay all the time. Despite that fact he's in rather nice condition, with minor ear tip rubs and hoof rubs.



This next guy is a proud find of mine. He is a common one, but I am still thrilled to own an albino Five Gaiter. He is yellowed, so I am attempting the sunshine treatment on him. He looks awesome as the light shines through him and the girls take care to not knock him over.



That's all for this entry! I have others I need to photograph when DeEtta isn't in my lap trying to send me to bed, but it is bedtime for this cat mom.


No comments:

Post a Comment