Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Everything and nothing




Well it's been a couple busy days for sure, with work and responsibilities. In the model horse aspect I have gotten one of the many "Holy Grails" of my collection: Hidalgo on the Silver mold!


There is one flaw he has that I will have to keep a close eye on, a seam split at the base of his tail. Other than that he is in beautiful photo showing condition!

Very tiny, but still bad news...

Speaking of photo showing, I fail at using lighting but still somehow have models that have placed in an online show I participate in. When I entered in the first show, I figured it would be simple-pull out my boxes of models, snap some pretty pictures, enter them then put my horses up with no problem. How wrong I was! When I started setting up my appaloosa foal on the Ashley mold, DeEtta (who was fast asleep in the other room until now) hopped up, sniffed the model, then grabbed it by the head and ran off to chew on the ears. Lil' Ditty escaped with no scuffs or breaks thankfully, and the Bengal bundle of terror left the others alone for the rest of the session.
A couple nights ago I pulled the boxes out again to find models to enter in the upcoming show. Other than the battle with my photography nemesis -the shadows- and not so awesome background choices/materials, it was running smooth. DeEtta was behaving herself and was happy in the box I supplied for her. I set up my stablemate who I fondly named Hazlenut Latte to photo and the peace was gone.

No DeEtta she's not edible!

It was supposed to be a picture of a pretty stock horse mare. Nope. I captured the mighty Sasszilla going for plastic prey. After that I tried chasing her away so I could finish but had to hold her in one arm while photographing a couple more horses before giving up.
Today I had better luck after purchasing basic colored poster board and stealing the desk lamp to try again. Bear was a huge help by distracting DeEtta for me, so nobody was traumatized this time around.

 
Today I found out I am capable of making tiny tassels (yay!), the next step is mastering the rest of the components for an Arabian presentation set, which I am more than eager to acquire my newest herd member to use for general sizing. Will definitely be sharing her when I get her home.

No comments:

Post a Comment