Friday, February 26, 2016

My new pretty and ideas abound!

So much for posting my new addition the other night! (The bengals can be very demanding and giving me no choice but to step away from hobbies.) I've always had a soft spot for palominos, and finding this family arabian mare from the 70's-early 80's in rather decent condition didn't help. I think I'll name her Honeysuckle, not fully decided on it yet.

Not too scuffy, and a lovely color.

Also got around to picking up one of my ongoing projects last night, an alabaster unicorn on the running stallion mold. I'm on the fence about if my modifications will make him look better or worse...

(I would put a picture here, but the ways he looks right now is a bit creepy and also constitutes as nightmare material, no joke. I recommend not cutting off his mane and ears and placing him in a spot where he's constantly watching you.)

Some mornings start earlier than I would like, so I use the time to rake up ideas. Today's inspiration was a scene for a performance class, but not your typical "this horse is a badass winner in the arena." More like the riding academy horse who isn't in the mood to run the course, or the stud who breaks his form while being judged in halter because there's an irresistible smelling mare nearby that he wants to meet. That's right, the arena bloopers. For some reason my brain exploded with ideas that would be easy and amusing to replicate, and it is something I sure wouldn't expect in a show if I was a judge. Not only that, but it can be a drag being serious and trying to replicate something and achieve 500% success. Got to find humor and keep lighthearted in life to try and rise above the negativity.

Not gonna lie, that's another nightmare piece.

In the next installment of this mess of my thoughts, I will introduce a part of my collection that always interests me and keeps me learning new things!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment