Friday, February 19, 2016

Research research research...

A whole day with the house to myself and not able to sleep in  (love you too DeEtta) so what shall I do? Sit in my corner and ponder on which project to work on! I tend to give myself a few projects at a time to keep from burning out or getting impatient with one, the downfall is keeping them safe from bengals. Being in a two bedroom manufactured home means the high energy kitties get bored quickly and do everything from running laps, bouncing off walls and people, and jumping on everything. As a result all my models except for a handful are packed away. 

DeEtta's big sister Gizmo says "Hello!"

  Waking up with a headache really limits what I'm willing to do, which takes dremel work and painting out of the equation. It is a mild enough case where I can put on my glasses and research on techniques. One of my projects is learning how to make Arabian show halters, which have already proven to test me. Not wanting to get angry and give up early I decided to see if I can find a method that clicks with my novice skill. It also wouldn't hurt for me to look into real world things like ideas for a catio to keeps at least the kittens happy.

And six hours later of research, distractions, lunch, and a braid stealing kitten I managed to make this! Yay me, except that when I look closer it's blatantly obvious that I used too dark of thread to sew it. Oh well, victory sometimes only comes one step forward. Maybe I can use a darker green for accents.

No comments:

Post a Comment